INTELCAT – Development of a new solution for the calculation, design and validation of the full OHL system in a railway project
PROJECT INTELCAT – Development of a new solution for the calculation, design and validation of the full OHL system in a railway project
TYPE OF WORK I+D+i
CUSTOMER Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades / CDTI
Objective of the Project
The main target of the INTELCAT project is the development of an integrated methodology for calculation of every single element of the overhead contact line system in an electrified railway line, and its implementation on an advanced software tool. The aim is to optimize the design of this kind of equipment according to the most common standards of application, both in Europe and in the USA.
1. New calculation methodology for dimensioning all the elements of an overhead contact line layout, so that it adapts to the needs of the different project phases, from design to the execution of works.
2. New calculation methodology guaranteeing the homogeneity of technical criteria among different engineers, avoiding subjective components and human error of the current design process (manual).
3. Design and development of fully parameterizable algorithms adapted to different countries, infrastructures and rail operation services (tram, suburban, long distance…).
4. Design and development of a modular and scalable solution: the modules may work independently or jointly according to the needs of each project. In addition, the software program has been conceptualized so that new modules can be added in a future depending on the needs and market evolution.
5. Design and development of an advanced software tool using the new algorithms and methodology developed for the project, also based on the company’s know-how.
Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial (CDTI), “Innoglobal” call (Ayudas a Proyectos de I+D en Cooperación Internacional).